Arterial Stiffness Testing
Heart Attack Risk: Lower your Heart Attack Risk from narrow arteries, being overweight or having high blood pressure. After your test we then provide you with a multi page, easy to understand health report. This will detail your test results, along with recommendations for supporting your arterial health to help reduce heart attack and stroke risk.
The Equipment: The device used for our test has been developed by a company who have supplied medical equipment around the world since 1975. This machine, along with specialised computer software, initially determines and then progressively keeps track of a client’s biological age and other health indicators.
How Does It Work? Our device measures changes in blood volume caused by the pulse wave. By detecting the pulse wave pattern and calculating the volume of blood being delivered, along with arterial softness, an indication of the condition of a client’s arteries and the amount of oxygen being delivered to the skin and other vital organs can be ascertained. Results are then analysed by specialist computer software and the client’s biological age is calculated. Our therapist will then make the appropriate recommendations and provide a full report.
- Stress and anxiety could cause your arteries to narrow and stiffen.
- Atherosclerosis will cause 1 in 3 of us to suffer a heart attack or stroke.
- Have a quick, painless test using patented technology from one the world’s leading medical manufacturers.
- Let us show you how improving arterial health can help reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack or stroke.
"Your arteries can be up to 40 years older than your chronological age."
PROFESSOR MARTIN BENNETT, BBC NEWS
DID YOU KNOW THAT....
- Strokes are the third most common cause of death in the UK, yet in 80% of cases there are no prior symptoms.
- 191,000 people died last year as a result of a heart attack or stroke.*(SOURCE: BRITISH HEART FOUNDATION)
- 50% of men and 64% of women who died from a heart attack had no previous symptoms.
turnbacktime is your Early Warning System.
Narrow arteries, high blood pressure and being overweight can significantly raise the risk of suffering a heart attack or stroke.
Technical Notes: When an artery of normal stiffness is measured, the pulse wave generated during deflation of the cuff first appears when cuff pressure approaches systolic blood pressure. The pulse wave then rises and after reaching its highest point, decreases gradually. The softness of the artery and the volume of blood delivered by one cardiac output determine the size of the pulse wave. The device can detect when the disposition of the artery being measured differs from that of a normal artery. This is because arterial hardening begins when the normally soft side of the artery wall suffers a breach. The area thickens with collagen and consequently, a change occurs in the mechanical laws of the arterial walls.
As a turnbacktime consultant we can offer:
- A non-invasive and painless test.
- Measures your arterial stiffness, blood pressure and BMI.
- A multi-page, easy-to-understand health report.
- Recommendations for supporting your arterial health.
- Initial test £30 - Subsequent tests £25
For more details call us on
020 8391 2865 - SURREY
0845 371 6127 - NATIONWIDE